Sunday, October 4, 2009

You Can Never Go Back...


That's what they say anyway. This is an area next to the Sac River that I used to picnic with my family some 40 odd years ago. As it turns out, I now live just a couple of miles down the road from this spot. One day I got permission from the landowner to go down and walk around with my camera hoping that I would be magically transported back to those days, something that I'd been wanting to do for years.
40 years is a very long time. I'm pretty sure that I was somewhere in the immediate vicinity of our summer picnics but nothing clicked and nothing I saw swept me back to that time.
But as I looked around, hoping for just a flicker of those days I did go back and I was there, if only momentarily - if only within my own memories...

No comments:

Post a Comment