Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Communing...


I went out to Compton Hollow the other day when I was actually fortunate enough to have some spare time. I'm telling you, that was a much needed commune with nature. Sad to say, but I haven't had much of that this summer. I prefer to commune when there's a nice breeze and it's a cloudy day-a really dark cloudy day. Almost stormy even. That really seems to motivate the creative juices as they say. It just really gives me a feel for the woods. A feeling that you might have gotten when you were a youngster being read your favorite fairy tale
But nature wasn't so accommodating on that day. It was sunny - sunny and hot. So hot that the sweat rolled off of my forehead before I got fifty yards down the trail. But I dug it! I dug it a lot! I have to make time for these hikes. I got spoiled last summer with all of my free time to hike and wander around the woods and trails. But I'm promising myself that I'll get out more if for no other reason than just to commune...

No comments:

Post a Comment