Wednesday, February 17, 2010

And Now For Something Completely Different...


As most of you know, Monday was Presidents' Day and school was out. I happened to be off work that day so we felt that a trip to the Discovery Center was in order. (It also didn't hurt that our neighbor works there and she provided us with free tickets.) But even so, it's a place we like to take Brendon to and a place that he likes to go.
So on a cold and blustery day (as most of them seem to be these days) we went. We had a lot of fun with Brendon and Mia checking out the kinetic wheel, making giant bubbles, printing newspaper articles with pictures, walking through the giant mouth and building towers as tall as we could reach.
At one point as I was left behind and making my way from one floor to the next to catch up I sat on the stairs to change my lens (you know that I had my camera!) I looked up and this is what I saw. Dizzying to say the least but really cool . Needless to say, I spent the rest of the afternoon shooting stairwells, block glass and assorted structures from any and all angles.
I think that I like this form of abstract architecture- if that's what you call it. I'm sure I don't know but I do know that I think I'll be taking a little side journey every now and then into it and just getting into something completely different!

No comments:

Post a Comment