Sunday, February 7, 2010

A Simpler Life...

For some reason people seem to have a fascination with barns- old barns, new barns, painted or weather worn- it doesn't matter much one way or another. They just want a good barn picture. I don't know why that is but I do know that I'm one of them.
Maybe it takes us to a simpler time. You know- Andy and Barney and Opie and Aunt Bee(that's pronounced Aint Bee by the way).
This is a barn that I stumbled across one morning when the fog lifted and I was trying to find my way back to the main highway. I sat at the cross roads and took several shots before turning around and retracing my route. I guess that's part of the fun of photography though-stumbling across the unexpected and being lucky enough to have your camera with you when you do!

1 comment:

  1. I am "guilty" too, I confess I love old barns. Wonderful shot!

    ReplyDelete