Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day, Mom!


I've already decided that I couldn't do my mother justice with whatever I could write about her. There's too many things I could say - too many things I should say. She, in all probability, won't see this for some time. She's long given up on computers and all that goes along with them so I'll have to wait for her next visit to our house to show her. She does, however, give me constant encouragement for my photography and every now and then I'll update her digital frame with some of my photos. (All the while listening to her tell me how I'll be successful at it some day-she just knows it!)
As a matter of fact, I can't remember a time in my life when she hasn't encouraged me. I firmly believe that if not for her prayers, encouragement and love down through the years (and there were a lot of years that I needed it) I would be nowhere near the person I am today. Thanks Mom, I love you.
This photo by the way, was taken last year at the capitol building in Jefferson City, Missouri. We traveled there so she could be presented by the Missouri Catholic Conference with the 2009 Citizen Recognition Award for her tireless efforts to abolish the death penalty. I couldn't have been prouder to know that she has fought for what she believes right to the point of statewide recognition. That's the type of person she is- that and much, much more...

No comments:

Post a Comment