Sunday, May 2, 2010

Sweet Music...


I think that the one thing I love most about the warmer months are the evenings. There's no real way to explain the feeling that I get when I sit out on the patio at the end of the day and just relax. Don't get me wrong- a winter evening can be beautiful especially when there's snow on the ground but really, the sun going down on a winter's day just signifies the end of the day whereas a spring or summer sunset seems to be bringing on a whole new part of the day.
I think that I could sit outside and listen to the crickets or the frogs off in the field for an eternity. Probably another one of those things that goes back to my childhood I imagine. We had a pretty large family and sometimes just to escape the heat of the house we'd spend many a summer's night out on the front porch just talking or listening to the sounds of the night. Sometimes we played games until it was too dark to see and then we played a little longer usually until someone ran into someone else and ended up with a bump on their head! But I've got to tell you.When the sun sets and the birds give one last short song and the crickets and the tree frogs start in-that's sweet music to my ears.

No comments:

Post a Comment