Sunday, December 12, 2010

Just A While...


 Well here it is - my annual first snow photo. That's right, we woke up this morning to a thin layer of the white stuff. The unfortunate part is that the temperatures are dropping to single digits and that just seems to take all the fun out of it! I always said that if I didn't love the Ozarks so much, I'd move to a far warmer climate and just visit once in a while. But I'd never do that. This part of the country is awful special to me. Anyway, the snow obviously presents a whole new batch of photo opportunities and that's something I can really appreciate. I just don't get the opportunity to travel much what with everything we have going on and that can be a real problem for a so called "outdoor photographer". I have quite a list of  places I like to frequent in the immediate area and they're some pretty awesome places but eventually burn-out can set in and sometimes, as much as I hate to admit it, it starts to be the same old thing.
 So when snow comes it changes everything and makes it fresh again. It's amazing what even the smallest amount of snow can do to a landscape. It makes the drab colorful. It makes the stale fresh. It breaks up the colors of the forest and gives everything a crisp edge again. It just kind of makes all the old things new, at least for a while. And that's all I need to recharge my batteries and remember why I love doing this so much -just a while. Because after all, we're only here for a while...     

No comments:

Post a Comment