Wednesday, January 12, 2011

A Case Of The Shivers...

 Oooh, it's cold outside! I'm not too bashful to admit that I do not like the cold! Is there maybe a possibility that it has to do with getting older? I mean, my joints don't hurt or anything like that. I don't have a job that keeps me out in it. The most that I absolutely have to be out in it is the short walk across the parking lot at work. The car stays in the garage ( I'm pretty thankful for that ) and the porch is mostly covered so I don't usually have to clear off any snow or ice ( maybe once in a while ) so really, I'm not overly exposed to the elements so much as to really have reason to dislike the cold so much.
 I think maybe it's the psychology of it all. My son Brendon has absolutely no problem with the cold and snow- especially the snow ( see the February 10, 2010 post ). I myself like to sit back and relax all snuggled in on cold winter days. Yesterday I came home from work to find Brendon outside in what was somewhere around 14 degree cold jumping on the trampoline. As it had snowed some the previous night the blanket of snow that covered the trampoline's um, the uh... "stretchy part" was exploding with every jump he made. Not until I got the camera and had taken a few "action" shots did I notice that he was jumping in his socks! 14 degrees and snow! He was right though. You can't jump on the trampoline with your shoes on. I should've know that I guess.
 Anyway as for me all of this talk of frigid temps is giving me a case of the shivers. I think that I'll go get my heavy winter socks and put them in the dryer to get them all nice and toasty before I go back to snuggling up on the couch. It's supposed to get down to zero tonight!!

1 comment:

  1. Two in a row.. that I just love love.. I wish i had taken it.. Beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete