Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Plenty To Say...

 Well once again it's a new year! Happy New Year!! Obviously my resolution was not to not miss any more posts. I've kind of decided that it was an unofficial hiatus of sorts. Pretty short lived hiatus but still...
 So here we are in January again and other than the usual holiday fare nothing much new to actually start this new year out with.
 I didn't win the $330,000,000.00 in the mega millions lottery so I guess that life will continue to go on as planned. Although, I did have some pretty big plans... Could you imagine that? That's over a QUARTER OF A BILLION DOLLARS !!! How is it, I wonder, that we can give away such massive amounts as this but we sometimes can't manage to get enough donations to feed and clothe our own starving citizens? How is it that a professional sports figure earns millions upon millions of dollars and our troops have trouble even finding a job once they've left the service, not to mention the mere pittance they receive in exchange for putting their lives on the line daily and way too often losing that life.
 Well, that's a subject that could go on and on and at least for now, I'm not willing to spend my time complaining about the things that I can't change. I don't mind letting you know how I feel about it though - you can always count on that. But what I don't want is to make this blog about what's wrong with the world. There's plenty of folks out there who are more than glad to do it for me.
 So happy new year to all of you. I don't make resolutions but I will tell you that I'll try really hard to get back to a regular schedule of posting. I like to think that there are those of you that actually look forward to my posts so I'll try not to disappoint. Maybe I'll find better subjects to talk about in the future. Who knows, maybe I'll win the next powerball jackpot and then I bet I'll have plenty to say...

No comments:

Post a Comment