Sunday, February 13, 2011

Change Can Be Good

 This weekend we took a well deserved trip to Branson for a couple of days and nights to just get away and relax. This past week I've put in a couple of twelve hour days and a couple of fourteen hour days and I was plain old beat. The limousine business generates a lot of sales from the shows and the big one in Vegas is Monday so that always means a big last minute rush to get things done. Not really sure why it turns out that way- the show is on the same date every year but yet that seems to be the modus operandi of most of the manufacturers that I know of. If you've followed this for very long you'll know that Brenda babysits. That's probably all I need to say about that.
 Anyway, back to Branson. Branson has gotten the reputation of Hillbilly USA and really I guess, in a lot of ways their chamber of commerce seems to want it that way. Can you say tourism? But actually Branson is a very diverse town. This photo was taken at the Branson Landing, a riverfront conglomeration of retail stores, restaurants and well, more retail stores. I'm no expert on the area by any means and I've only been a couple of times in the last couple of years. Although we hit a lot of the stores I mostly followed Brenda around and just turned where she turned. It's a husband thing I guess.
 But this weekend I got the opportunity to go back after dark and do a little photography around the fountains. The whole Branson Landing thing is pretty new. Finished in May of 2006 ( or at least that was the grand opening ) it's become a major attraction of the area.
 I remember "back in the day" when I used to go down to waterfront and just watch the boats go by. Some days I would be lucky to see twenty people on the shore. Although I'm all about the days of yesteryear and the simple life I guess that this is a good thing. I believe that change for the most part, can be good - whether we want it to be or not...

No comments:

Post a Comment