Wednesday, February 23, 2011

I'm Not Falling For It...


Well the warm weather has brought out some early crocuses (or is it crocii?) Nope it's crocuses or just crocus - I just looked it up. However you want to say it, they're here a tad too soon. Sorry to say it but spring has not sprung, not yet anyway. I'm afraid that there is going to be a lot of  spring sprunging in the next few days and then all of a sudden the realization that winter is still here will fall upon us again like a giant frozen snowball!
 March is just a few days away and that will mean the official springing of the aforementioned spring season but most of us have seen a good dumping of snow in the month of  March and some of us have even seen it in April.
 So I'm not counting my spring flowers just yet. I am not falling for it! I'm too ready for it to get here so I'll not be the one to put on my shorts and go to Lowe's to buy planting soil and a variety of flowers to put out only to get a slap in the face by mother nature's north winds. So for now, I'll play it safe. My winter clothes are staying right where they are and my gloves and boots are right by the door to the garage where they always are-every winter...

1 comment: