Wednesday, March 23, 2011

The Beginning of a Great Friendship...


 Yesterday was one of the best days I've had in a long time.That's not to say that I don't have good days by any means. I do. I have plenty of good days. Like my friend Glenn says, "Every day is good, somes just gooder'n others!" I sure like Glenn's outlook on life.
 But yesterday was an extra special day for me. I attended the launch party for the April issue of Missouri Life magazine in which my very first published works are found. That's right, I am now a published photographer! (yay for me!) And yes, I was invited. Sorry, I don't mean to sound so vain. It's just that this is a point that I've been working towards for some time now and I'm actually what you might call ecstatic about it.
 The party was up in Columbia, Mo. and that's about am three hour drive from Springfield but everyone that I talked to about it (and I mean everyone) said it was the right thing to do. You know, put a face with the emails. Leave a good impression. Give them something to remember. ( I'm pretty sure that they couldn't forget this mug!)
 Every one of the magazine staff that I met was very friendly and also very encouraging about my photography. As a matter of fact, I left the party with another assignment and that in itself is very encouraging to me. I stayed the hour and a half that the party lasted and then it was back home for me. It's a good thing that I like to drive because that trip was twenty percent meet and greet and eighty percent drive time. You probably could have figured out that last percentage.
 At any rate it looks like the beginning of a great friendship between Missouri Life and me. May it last many years...

No comments:

Post a Comment