Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Molly Hatchet


A little while back the fair was in town and as always (other than the photo exhibits) my first interest is who's playing the concerts. Believe me, I've seen my fair share of concerts. As a matter of fact, I've seen so many concerts I occasionally forget seeing someone that "I think I'd like to see." Springfield still gets quite a few concerts but it seems that the venues have changed to smaller places- some with very limited seating. It's just not the same but then nothing is, I guess. Maybe I work harder than I used to so I don't like to stand for too long at a time, maybe I can't stand being crowded as much as I used to or maybe-maybe I'm just getting older. So when a band comes to play somewhere that I can sit semi comfortably and still have a good view and it's someone that rocks, I'm all about it! This someone was Molly Hatchet and yes, they rocked! Southern style.
I know that most of my favorites qualify for the oldies stations these days but I've gotten used to that. I still like a lot of the bands that are hitting the charts now. I've probably said before that I like anything from smooth jazz- Dave Koz, Boney James, Euge Groove to metal -Five Finger Death Punch or Mudvayne but I'll always have a spot for the music that I grew up with. That's the stuff that takes you back and the older I get, the more I like to go back.

No comments:

Post a Comment