Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Over and Over...


Whew! Last night I woke up around 3:00A.M. and could not go back to sleep. Sometimes when I lay there at night I start to go over things that I need to do, or I'm in the middle of doing or I'm planning on doing or any one of what seems like a hundred things I should be doing and they all just roll over and over in my mind. I guess that's a side effect of the busy life style we lead. I've not been able to get out and enjoy a good hike as much as I was able to last summer. I got spoiled, to say the least. I know the therapeutic value of getting out and relaxing against a tree in the woods while a cool breeze whispers past and clears my head and I know that that is exactly what I need. Maybe soon- the temperatures are down, just right for that cool breeze...
Anyway, I finally got to sleep- shortly before it was time to get up for work. And then came that really weird dream...

3 comments:

  1. Jeff,
    I really like this. The lighting helps make it so interesting. Highlights ans shadow give it depth and texture. I have no idea what it is. A neckless, cable, it has to be small because it looks to be setting on the table. It could be... What is it, Jeff? As to sleeping troubles, I found that keeping a pen and note pad next to the bed is helpful. I wright down the ideas or thoughts and roll over back to sleep. It works most of the time. Good luck catching some ZZZZZ's!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey David, Thanks for the idea. Actually this thing is probably about 10-12 inches across. It's at the discovery center that I like to go to. The kids talk in one end and listen in the other and it's just a huge coil on the floor!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to agree - a great shot, Jeff. This would make a good stock photo, yes?

    ReplyDelete